How can we help you?
Our goal at Hollywood Smile Dental is to serve you with honesty and integrity and ensure your comfort. The best way to do this is by getting to know you and understanding what is important to you so we can plan treatment that fits your unique needs.
One area in which we take pride is helping you understand your oral health needs, and a significant part of this involves answering your questions. As a small office, you will never feel rushed during your appointments, and Dr. Khanimov will always take the time to explain your treatment needs and how they will benefit your long-term oral health.
If you have questions apart from your appointments, please don't ever hesitate to contact us and let us know how we can help. We have shared some of the questions we frequently hear from patients, but you may have your own that aren't listed here. Please call our office at (718) 830-0110 or email us using our convenient online contact form.
Crowns & Bridges
Every patient is unique, so we develop a smile makeover treatment plan that is personalized just for you. With advances in dental technology, techniques, and materials, we can put together a smile makeover that’s as unique as you are!
We offer high-quality dental restorations like fillings, crowns, inlays, and onlays, which can solve most structural problems like worn or weakened teeth. For some, we need to start with the gums and work our way up by offering periodontal treatment with comfortable dental lasers.
If you have tooth misalignments to deal with, we offer Invisalign and ClearCorrect invisible braces to straighten your smile discreetly and in the shortest amount of time possible.
Missing teeth can be addressed with dental implants, bridges, or esthetic full and partial dentures. Cosmetic treatments like veneers and teeth whitening put the finishing touch on a healthy smile
We can combine one or more of these treatments to create the smile makeover of your dreams. Please call our Rego Park dental office to learn about the possibilities that exist for you!
If there’s one thing about dental emergencies that’s the same for everyone, it’s that you need relief, and yesterday isn’t soon enough!
We understand that dental pain can be a helpless feeling, but you can rest assured that at Hollywood Smile Dental, we make every effort to see you as quickly as possible.
We offer a wide range of emergency treatment at our Rego Park dental office:
- Filling in a problematic tooth to remove decay
- Re-cementing of a crown that has come loose
- Emergency root canal treatment
- Emergency extractions
In case of emergency, please call our office at any time. If it’s during regular business hours, we will try to make accommodations for you to be seen that same day by our doctor. We will do whatever is necessary to get you out of pain as soon as possible.
If it’s after hours, you can still call our office number because we usually forward the phones to our staff members at all times. Just call us at (718) 830-0110, and we will help you in any way we can. If we don’t respond right away, you can leave us a voicemail or send us a text, and we will get back to you promptly.
Most surgery is straightforward, but the time immediately following your procedure is critical for successful healing.
We will provide you with full instructions for post-treatment care. Meanwhile, here are some things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Apply cold compresses every five to ten minutes on the surgical site to control the pain and swelling.
- Stay on a soft food diet for four to five days after the surgery. Some examples of soft foods are mashed potatoes, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and macaroni. After five days, you can start to ease your way back to your usual diet.
- Avoid foods that are too spicy, too hot, or too cold.
- Avoid spitting or creating any pressure inside your mouth as it may cause bleeding at the site of operation or extraction.
- Avoid blowing your nose as it may create vacuum and pressure in your oral cavity and may cause bleeding.
- If antibiotics are prescribed, make sure you take them as directed until they're gone. You should be able to find relief from discomfort with over-the-counter pain relievers.
When to Call Us
Of course, you are always welcome to call us, but here are some instances where we want to be informed about what's going on:
- In cases where the bleeding hasn't stopped for more than two hours, apply pressure at the site of bleeding by biting on gauze. If the bleeding is profuse, please call our office. If we are closed, visit the emergency room for help.
- If you have fever or chills, please contact our office. If you feel dizzy or light-headed, please call 911. You may lay down and raise your feet above your head level to increase the blood flow to your upper body and head.
- Some swelling is normal after a surgical procedure or tooth extraction. If the swelling spreads farther than the original site, please contact our office or visit the emergency room, especially if the swelling has moved past your jawline.
If you have stitches that have come out, please see us at our office at the earliest available time.
Please Call Hollywood Smile Dental for More Information
If you have any other questions or concerns, don't ever hesitate to call us at (718) 830- 0110.
We recommend dental checkups every six months for most patients. However, everyone has different needs, and Dr. Khanimov will determine the most appropriate intervals in your case.
The good news is that most insurance plans cover checkups and cleanings if they are done every six months. The advantage of these preventive visits is that we can often detect dental decay before it spreads and causes pain.
Regular dental checkups offer many benefits that not only improve your quality of life but also minimize the need for costly dental procedures in the future:
- Prevent gum disease and loss of teeth
- Detect any dental problems at early stages, so you save time and money over the long-term
- Maintain good physical health by preventing the spread of infection to other parts of the body
- Prevent oral cancer with routine screenings
- Keep your teeth, gums, and overall smile in a presentable and esthetic condition
Prevention is easy, but you have to keep up with it to enjoy the benefits. Staying current with preventive dental exams can save you a lot of time, discomfort, and money in the long term. If it’s time for your next exam and cleaning, please call our Rego Park dental office.
Invisalign and ClearCorrect
Until recently, the only option for straightening teeth was metal orthodontics. Today, however, you have more choices than ever for finding the treatment that works best for you. Both metal and clear braces have their benefits, but the right choice will be the one that fits your orthodontic needs as well as your budget.
Clear braces like Invisalign and ClearCorrect have the advantage of being comfortable, discreet, and easy to wear. Metal orthodontics don’t offer these advantages, but they tend to be less expensive than clear aligners.
If you have complicated alignment or bite issues, you may be a better candidate for traditional braces than Invisalign because a different type of approach is needed to straighten your smile.
Something else to consider is that Invisalign clear aligners are removable for eating and oral hygiene. This is an advantage, but the fact that they’re removable means you might not wear them as prescribed. If you think you’re going to have trouble with compliance, braces that are attached to your teeth might be a better choice.
Dr. Yefim Khanimov is a certified Invisalign and ClearCorrect provider and also has experience and expertise with traditional metal orthodontics. If you are considering orthodontics in Rego Park, please call Hollywood Smile Dental to arrange a consultation at your convenience.
Sleep apnea, also referred to as obstructive sleep apnea or OSA, is a sleep-related breathing disorder. Apnea refers to an interruption in breathing, and sleep apnea occurs when your airway is constricted during sleep.
With sleep apnea, the soft tissues in your throat collapse and block your airway, decreasing the oxygen supply to your body. As your body struggles to get the oxygen it needs, it sends a signal to your brain to wake you up. This is typically accompanied by a loud gasping or snorting sound as you try to breathe. For sleep apnea sufferers, these episodes can occur hundreds of times a night and last for minutes at a time.
The long-term effects of insufficient oxygen flow can lead to hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and strokes. Treating sleep apnea is crucial, and at Hollywood Smile Dental, we offer a comfortable solution.
Dr. Khanimov will work with a sleep physician to evaluate your needs and see if you are a good candidate for a customized oral device that positions your jaw slightly forward during sleep. This keeps your airway open and allows you to breathe freely again.
If you wake up feeling fatigued or experience irritability or difficulty concentrating, you may have sleep apnea. Please call our Rego Park dental office so we can arrange a consultation to discuss your needs.