How can we help you?
Our goal at Hollywood Smile Dental is to serve you with honesty and integrity and ensure your comfort. The best way to do this is by getting to know you and understanding what is important to you so we can plan treatment that fits your unique needs.
One area in which we take pride is helping you understand your oral health needs, and a significant part of this involves answering your questions. As a small office, you will never feel rushed during your appointments, and Dr. Khanimov will always take the time to explain your treatment needs and how they will benefit your long-term oral health.
If you have questions apart from your appointments, please don't ever hesitate to contact us and let us know how we can help. We have shared some of the questions we frequently hear from patients, but you may have your own that aren't listed here. Please call our office at (718) 830-0110 or email us using our convenient online contact form.
If there’s one thing about dental emergencies that’s the same for everyone, it’s that you need relief, and yesterday isn’t soon enough!
We understand that dental pain can be a helpless feeling, but you can rest assured that at Hollywood Smile Dental, we make every effort to see you as quickly as possible.
We offer a wide range of emergency treatment at our Rego Park dental office:
- Filling in a problematic tooth to remove decay
- Re-cementing of a crown that has come loose
- Emergency root canal treatment
- Emergency extractions
In case of emergency, please call our office at any time. If it’s during regular business hours, we will try to make accommodations for you to be seen that same day by our doctor. We will do whatever is necessary to get you out of pain as soon as possible.
If it’s after hours, you can still call our office number because we usually forward the phones to our staff members at all times. Just call us at (718) 830-0110, and we will help you in any way we can. If we don’t respond right away, you can leave us a voicemail or send us a text, and we will get back to you promptly.
Most surgery is straightforward, but the time immediately following your procedure is critical for successful healing.
We will provide you with full instructions for post-treatment care. Meanwhile, here are some things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Apply cold compresses every five to ten minutes on the surgical site to control the pain and swelling.
- Stay on a soft food diet for four to five days after the surgery. Some examples of soft foods are mashed potatoes, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and macaroni. After five days, you can start to ease your way back to your usual diet.
- Avoid foods that are too spicy, too hot, or too cold.
- Avoid spitting or creating any pressure inside your mouth as it may cause bleeding at the site of operation or extraction.
- Avoid blowing your nose as it may create vacuum and pressure in your oral cavity and may cause bleeding.
- If antibiotics are prescribed, make sure you take them as directed until they're gone. You should be able to find relief from discomfort with over-the-counter pain relievers.
When to Call Us
Of course, you are always welcome to call us, but here are some instances where we want to be informed about what's going on:
- In cases where the bleeding hasn't stopped for more than two hours, apply pressure at the site of bleeding by biting on gauze. If the bleeding is profuse, please call our office. If we are closed, visit the emergency room for help.
- If you have fever or chills, please contact our office. If you feel dizzy or light-headed, please call 911. You may lay down and raise your feet above your head level to increase the blood flow to your upper body and head.
- Some swelling is normal after a surgical procedure or tooth extraction. If the swelling spreads farther than the original site, please contact our office or visit the emergency room, especially if the swelling has moved past your jawline.
If you have stitches that have come out, please see us at our office at the earliest available time.
Please Call Hollywood Smile Dental for More Information
If you have any other questions or concerns, don't ever hesitate to call us at (718) 830- 0110.