How often do I have to get checkups? Why are they so important?
We recommend dental checkups every six months for most patients. However, everyone has different needs, and Dr. Khanimov will determine the most appropriate intervals in your case.
The good news is that most insurance plans cover checkups and cleanings if they are done every six months. The advantage of these preventive visits is that we can often detect dental decay before it spreads and causes pain.
Regular dental checkups offer many benefits that not only improve your quality of life but also minimize the need for costly dental procedures in the future:
- Prevent gum disease and loss of teeth
- Detect any dental problems at early stages, so you save time and money over the long-term
- Maintain good physical health by preventing the spread of infection to other parts of the body
- Prevent oral cancer with routine screenings
- Keep your teeth, gums, and overall smile in a presentable and esthetic condition
Prevention is easy, but you have to keep up with it to enjoy the benefits. Staying current with preventive dental exams can save you a lot of time, discomfort, and money in the long term. If it’s time for your next exam and cleaning, please call our Rego Park dental office.